Thursday, June 2, 2011

Orientation & 1st day at MTV!

Today was an AMAZING day! I woke up around 8 a.m. and began getting ready. Chose this for my first day outfit and I was out the door!

I arrived at orientation around 9:45 a.m. this morning and was greeted by both of my supervisors, Mallory and Andrea, who were holding first day orientation! Both of them were so excited to meet me, and I can't wait to work more with them! We went through basic rules and regulations of MTV/Viacom Networks and I was able to learn more about the company. It's crazy how many things we watch on TV or see online on a daily basis that are a part of MTV/Viacom Networks that you would have no idea of! You can see a list of all of their brands here! Afterwards, all of the interns for today's orientation gathered around to take a picture. Here we are! I'm near the top left in turquoise!
Once all that was done, I went and sat in on a meeting with Mallory and Andrea to listen to previous alumni talk to the new members of the Summer Associate Program. It was great hearing all of their advice and tips! Then, I was introduced to our floor (woo 35th floor) and was shown to my very own cubicle/desk area! Soo exciting :). They also had a few gifts waiting for me at my desk as well which was so sweet.

Afterwards, I stood in line to get my very own ID for the building. Here's an official picture of it!!

I then went and spoke with Mallory about daily tasks that I'll be doing over the summer, such as helping conduct interviews, attending seminars and summer associate meetings, etc. I also learned more information about the internship pool of applications- would you believe me if I told you that they get over 10,000 applicants for their internship program? Well, believe it, because it's true! Crazy stuff. Mallory also took me around the floor and introduced me to a lot of the other members of the HR department, and everyone was so nice! I finished up some last minute things before I headed home for the day!

I already am so excited to head back tomorrow! Can't believe it is already Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment