Sunday, June 5, 2011

Friday & Saturday festivities!

Sorry I didn't get the chance to update everyone about my 2nd day at MTV, but with orientation at Likeable Media, and having to write a big paper for my online Food Communication class, thinks have been quite hectic around here!

Anyways, Friday at MTV was awesome again, which I wasn't surprised about! :) I arrived around 9 a.m. and logged into my email (I have my own MTV email-woohoo) to check-up on my tasks for the day! Many of them were on-going things that need to be finished, but overall, Andrea and I got a LOT done! First, we headed off to another Summer Associate Program (SAP) meeting, where we had some delicious breakfast, and had the chance to listen to each of the graduates share a little about themselves, as well as their biggest accomplishment. This group of grads are so awesome- they have all done some wonderful things both within and outside of their schools. I was so impressed, and it is no wonder that they were chosen out of hundreds and hundreds of people to get offered this amazing experience. After learning more about them, the grads were split into groups and there team-building skills were put to the test with an activity where they were required to build the biggest tower they could using dried spaghetti and marshmallows. It was interesting seeing how both groups strategized. After the activity, I got the chance to tour the different floors of MTV with the SAP's. Every floor is so amazing- some floors are filled with toys and clothes all Nickelodeon, others have tons of pictures of famous stars, some have reality show themes, and so forth and so on. Loved it!

I said my goodbyes to the group before making my way back to the 35th floor to get some jobs done! I went through hundreds of resumes to get a feel for what Mallory and Andrea look for when selecting a possible student to interview. It was really cool seeing how different every person's resume was and the different places they have worked at and experienced. After, Andrea and I took a lunch break and headed over to this sushi place called Haru, which is right around the corner. It was so delicious and it was so nice getting to sit down and talk to Andrea one-on-one talking about anything and everything! Once back at the office, we put together a ton more folders for Mallory and Andrea's orientations that they will be giving Monday and Tuesday. Got a few more things done for the day, and headed home! Got the chance to go out for a little bit around the corner, but both my suitemate and I were exhausted, plus I had to get up for Likeable Media orientation, so we didn't explore as much as I'd hoped.

When I got to the Likeable Media office yesterday, it was filled with a variety of students! There were probably over 60 of us. We all went around the room and introduced ourselves, said our school and major, and our favorite brand. I chose Michael Kors ;). We then learned a little bit more about the company, and split up into our teams to find out more about our clients. My group has clients ranging from Neutrogena, Entenmann's, Visit Salt Lake, Blurt, Pendaflex, and Extra Space. I'm excited to experience and see how each company uses social media, as well as what clients I will be assigned to work on! We then got served some awesome pizza, and split up into meetings to learn more about how they use Facebook, Twitter, Radian6, Wildfire, HootSuite, Powerpoint etc. to accomplish their tasks. Orientation finished up around 4.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get the chance to go out last night, because I had to write a paper for my online class. It's okay though- it was nice to just relax, and sleep in, and I know I'll have plenty more chances to go out and experience the city! I start at Likeable tomorrow at 10! I'll update after work, unless something amazing happens today that needs blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment